Sunday, May 6, 2007

Summer Dishcloth Swap Questionaire

1 When did you learn to knit? Who taught you?
I learned to knit when I was 15, from an old "Learn How to Knit" pamplet that my mother had once learned from. I taught myself for the most part, but Mom helped with the casting on even though it took her a while to remember how.


2 What was your very first completed object? Your most recent?
It was my first "swatch", a very large one that sort of turned into a small stockinette lap blanket. My most recent FO to date is the Snakes and Ladders gansey.

3 What was the very first thing you sent to the frog pond? (pulled out and started over) Your most recent?
That first swatch/blanket needed to be ripped back a few times when I didn't have the hang of it yet. Many dropped stitches. The most recent ripped out items were an unfinished piece or two I found while sorting my stash and found my tastes had changed.

4 What is currently on the needles for you?
A cabled raglan cardigan for my daughter, some dishcloths, and a baby blanket that I swear I'll complete before the baby is 12.

5 What types of needles do you enjoy working with? What have you tried and hated?
I generally like bamboo knitting needles, in DPN's or circs (but I avoid crystal palace circs - I hate their join, and it is not new and "improved"). I am always in need of needles US 0 to US 3 in DPN's (sets of 5) or 16" circs for socks. I'd love to try the knitpicks circs.

6 Have you knit dishcloths before?
Yes.
1. What was your favorite one? No favorite pattern
2. Least favorite? I ran across a pattern that says "House work sucks" on it, but I like doing chores.

7 Do you use homemade dishcloths or face cloths yourself, or give them as gifts, or both?
Both.

8 What are your favorite and least favorite scents? (For your body, such as soap/lotion/etc)
I don't like a lot of heavy scent. It has to be light, clean, and preferably "natural" in some form (organic is nice, but not necessary). Nothing too heavily floral.

9 What are your favorite colors?
I love brown, especially dark chocolate/coffee brown, I like blues and combinations of light blue and dark brown.

10 What colors (if any) are your bathroom and kitchen decorated in?
White.

11 What other hobbies and crafts do you enjoy?
I quilt and sew, and other miscellaneous crafts with my kids.

12 Chocolate: Dark? White? Milk? Ew?
Dark.

13 Do you like salty treats? What kinds?
Yes, most kinds.

14 If you could go anywhere in the world for one day and spend the day any way you wanted, where would you go and what would you do?
Scotland. See where some of my ancestors came from, walk the land and just sit and look about. Shortbread would be good, too.

15 Do you have any allergies? (Yarns, foods, etc. that might impact what your pal can send)
No.

No comments: