Thursday, September 6, 2007

Sweater Season, Almost


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Ok, early morning may be the only practical time for sweaters in Virginia right now. It's 86 degrees out, but the start of school and the end of late sundowns makes you almost think autumn could be lurking around the corner somewhere. Anne willingly modeled her gansey for me, and it will fit perfectly for the upcoming months. Her hemangioma tumors are slowly going down and they aren't so bright magenta any longer. MRI scans show no signs of it in her spine. And yes, that is the cat trying to sneak into the photo. Again.

Here is my poor Birkenstock sandal, the hole getting progressively bigger, the cork ground down to nothing in the back. These are my favorite pair and I can't bear to think of the day where I am walking through the library or grocery store and lose a whole chunk of my foot gear like a shredded semitruck tire. I was on my way to the library, pondering if it were best to even go out in public with my holey Birks.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


While at the library picking up books for my older son, I ran across Catwings. I've been meaning to pick up this book and the others in the series but I completely forgot with our busy summer. No one cared about my holey sandal, by the way.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I have been following your blog since right around the time Anne was born. My youngest son was born just a month after her! Tho' this is the first time I have commented on your blog, I wanted you to know that she has been in my thoughts and prayers, as have you and your family. I keep hoping for good news every time I see your blog pop up on my subscription list.

And the knitting is great too :-)

And I feel your pain on the Birkie's hole! I think you can get them resoled... but I am not positive on that. I love my Birkies and Haflingers! I think I still have my first pair of Birkies from college even :-) (though that would only be vintage 1988ish).

JennyDillyAnna said...

Anne's looking great. Wool sweaters and shorts! Looks like Miami winter weather. :)

As solje stated, you can get your birks resoled. Your leather and buckles are reused. Still would need to break them in.