Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Little hats, tiles and stew

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Finally, the last of the hot days. Yesterday was a record breaking 91 degrees. We're in the thick of a drought as well, and while the skies are grey I do not think we'll be seeing any good soaking rain for a while. There is still a mellow light coming in through the cloud cover, a bit bleak but it echoes my mood lately. I am taking advantage of the baby napping to knit up this little hat as quickly as I can. I'm at the decrease only section now. Yarn is Trekking 283 that I picked up in Montana this summer, needles are 3mm - a quarter mm larger than most of my US 2's.

The tiles are samples of sister-in-law, Ruth Lampi. She made these on her cross country pottery tour this summer and I think I've found a place to display them where we can enjoy them and the baby won't destroy them. Today is other sister-in-law, Jessica's birthday. We should really see the girls again soon, it seems like longer than it has been. (And we need our drill back). Speaking of family, I made the Van Galen stew recipe this weekend, definitely a favorite with this generation. I should email grandma and let her know it's V.G. stew season again.

No comments: