Friday, November 9, 2007

Cold feet

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


I bought Cascade Yarns Ecological Wool 8087 (Brown, or Chocolate depending on the site) this summer while in Michigan. For the past 3 years I've been pretty good about buying yarn with a project in mind - even if it's a vague project - but I bought this hank with no idea what I'd do with it. There are 478 yards to one hank, so I figured it'd be good for a small felting project or who knows what else.

The yarn is a little on the bulky side of worsted, but doubled and on smaller-than-US-10 needles and I should be able to get 4 sts/inch and make a nice thick pair of these slippers. If I'm being unreasonable in my math estimations, I'll go for something felted. Always have a Plan B. I usually have Plan C and D not too far from hand as well.

No comments: