Monday, January 21, 2008

At home when it's cold

Photobucket


The start of baby #3's quilt, much to go but there was a bit of light this morning and it may be months before we get the sun through the windows for any good amount of time.


Photobucket


I made a cinnamon crumb surprise cake/bread last night from The Bread Bible by Rose Levy Beranbaum. I love this book. I'd love it more if I could get my hands on some instant yeast in this area, but I've been going through the quick breads and other non-yeast recipes until I can find some proper yeast. The surprise part is a layer of apples and crumbs in the middle.


Photobucket


Robert supervised this photo shoot.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I buy instant yeast from King Arthur Flour web site. They have wonderful recipes too. maw

Anonymous said...

Hiya,
I had a crazy moment and tapped my birth date into Google - 21.8.1951 and came up with your mom!
It was lovely to see your blog, so different from my life in Wantage, England.
I was in London last Thursday watching my husband's father emerge from St. Paul's Cathedral just after the Queen! They had had a ceremony to celebrate 100 years of Knights Bachelor, whatever that is! He was knighted for his huge contribution over many years to medicine. We jumped on a big red bus after and had lunch in a smart restaurant then walked down Regent Street looking up at all the Christmas Lights. Ridiculously early for them!
I have two daughters, twins, aged 20. Both ar at Uni., and two sons, one, 23, studying Psychology and one, 32, running his own satelite and TV business - and a pub. I am an artist and potter and should be working now.
Must away to throw a pot (on the wheel)!
Your mum looks nice, I'm sorry she got so ill.

Kindest regards,
Trisha