Tuesday, July 22, 2008

When we can't get out

Photobucket


We won't be camping this summer with the terrible heat index, humidity and the babies. The new tent we got for a steal at a yard sale will have to wait in the closet a while longer. I suppose we could do a backyard camp out at my parents where the climate is more tolerable, though it may not be feasible smack in the middle of the wedding. Maybe a sleeping bag dragged onto the second story porch? So, the alternative to real summer escapes has been to escape into summer books. All my reading has been done while nursing Anne and Adrian (needless to say I've spent a LOT of time nursing this summer), pleased with another attempt at that two birds, one stone thing.

Not traveling back to Michigan yet this summer makes me feel cooped up and antsy. Reading others outdoor accounts and studying diagrams on knots and camping tips probably isn't helping that antsy to get outside feeling. I'd like to get out to the Catoctins in the fall or spring, sometime before we move but not in this heat!

No comments: