Friday, December 15, 2006

Racy Yarn

After taking a three month break from knitting anything (the baby quilt being top priority, more about that later), it was time to hunt under the bookcase for the missing US 2 dpn and start a few small projects. The java sleeve from Magknits is the perfect quick gift knit. I won't be seeing the family for another 6 weeks or so, which means I have time to crank out a few of them for the coffee loving crowd. I finished one java sleeve last night during Survivor and I'm nearly done with the second one now. A quick steam press with the iron and it's done. A few modifications on the cuff, 4 rounds of 1x1 rib in place of 3 rounds of seed stitch and an extra few rounds and an inc. to add length.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I've had this yarn hanging around in my stash for over a year, I bought two hanks at my LYS at the time in Saugatuck, Michigan with nothing really in mind with it. One in orange/autumn hues and the other in various multi-tones. Very fine gauge, would pair it with something or double strand it. I found that double stranded on US 2's was great for the java sleeve pattern.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The other hank.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


I will finish the baby's knit blanket before he or she graduates from high school. Really. It's not a large blanket, I'm just not loving the thought of picking it back up at this moment. I am aiming to have it done before baby's first birthday. Ok, he or she isn't born yet so I'm aiming for the first birthday after the initial birth date. It's various cable patterns with a clover cable/lace section between panels, Dale of Norway Baby Ull on 3mm needles. I'm near the halfway point now.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

No comments: