Sunday, December 17, 2006

New Packages and Projects

Just as I was thinking about my Knitpicks order during my son's turn and transactions in a game of Monopoly yesterday (I'm not skilled enough to knit and play but I still think about yarn and knitting more than I should), the postman knocked at the door with my package. Excellent. Yarn and needles for another pair of IK Fall '06 Father and Son socks in Essential, color Ash, and WotA in Snickerdoodle and Chocolate for a pair of Hello Yarn's Squirrel and Oak mittens. I will start on those shortly. On a side note, the squirrel mitten pattern calls for a DK yarn but I get the gauge with worsted on US 3's and want these mittens to have a little more bulk to them as they're going to Montana. I've seen other's squirrel mittens done with WotA as well as Knitpicks Telemark and other DK and finer weight yarns. I may have to fudge the pattern a bit as my row gauge is a tiny bit off but that's just a matter of adding a few rows.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Presently, I have ploughed through three java sleeves in the Racy yarn and I'm pumping out the last three in Elsebeth Lavold's Silky Wool on US 3's with a common stranded pattern seen in places like Hats On! by Charlene Schurch in the Ullared Cap. I am enjoying the Knitpicks dpn's, they are 6" which I find easier to wield than anything longer, they have a nice point, and have a nice heft to them. Not bad at all for the low cost. I've worked with WotA before, not a bad nuts and bolts worsted wool, but I've yet to see how I like the sock yarn.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok.... i want a cup sleeve :) How much? Is Purple an option :D