Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Jessica's Mittens

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket







Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


My sister-in-law, Jessica, knit these convertible mitten/gloves for her brother (my husband) some years ago - sometime between 1994 and 2004. I found these while cleaning closets yesterday and remembered he wanted a loop and button to secure the flaps down, which was easily remedied with a bit of wool and spare buttons. They are very big on me, it looks like my pinky finger is amputated when I wear them, but my hydrogeologist husband is away doing field work this week and he isn't a very willing model anyway. The yarn appears to be all wool, a DK to worsted weight. They are very well made and highly practical, they were intended for use while cross-country skiing.

3 comments:

JennyDillyAnna said...

Gloves look great. Funny how the simple things are sorely forgotten. (At least the ends were weaved in.)

Kit said...

The look like the essence of efficiency and warmth. I really do like them.

Kit said...

*They, not The.