Wednesday, June 6, 2007

One day the housework will all be done and I will not be tired (ha!)





There's still not much knitting going on right now, I'm trying to finish the last few rows of the cabled cardigan but it's a slow haul when I can only get one or two rows in at a time. Instead of showing off a WIP that essentially looks the same as the last time I posted it, I'll put up a photo of muffins and a pre-blog cabled scarf. (See, I've made *something* lately.) The muffins were very good, follow the link and see where I ganked the idea from, there is a link to the recipe in this blog post. I used frozen raspberries since I already had them in the freezer. The scarf is Mission Falls 1824 Wool in Raven (I believe), knit on size 2 or 3 needles and it nearly killed my hands. I made it a few years back, I was more stubborn (ahem, stupid) then.

More on the Ballard Locks, my husband and I were watching a bit of Discovery Channel's Deadliest Catch last night, and they're shooting the breeze at the Lockspot Cafe next to the Ballard Locks. Huh. Small world.

Other things I've been poking around on the net for lately, gooseflesh's coral garden, I love it and I really need to learn to crochet. I'm sure it's easy but over 10 years stuck with a knitter's brain and my hands won't make a new muscle memory very easily. I throw my yarn, too, which is comfortable for me but a pain when trying to switch to left handed anything.

I've always wanted a cabled cardigan for myself and I have such a hard time finding *the right one* to make even though I know I could make more. Could this be it?

Also, I've been dealing with my stupid feelings again, especially a long underlying feeling of discontentment. I don't know why I feel this way, so I'm trying to dig into that and clear it out. I think it happens when I'm going through an anxious cycle, like I am now with the baby and her medical conditions and running to every doctor at Children's Hospital (tomorrow is neurosurgery). Things are getting better and with some great improvements on her own part, we may get to leave things alone for now. So, I'm relearning to relax. And it's hard. Trying to remember to breathe and enjoy life. I found this account of small pleasantnesses in yarnstorm's blog very comforting. I'm having to remind myself to make a cup of coffee or tea, to sit down with a book or knitting when the baby naps. Lately, I've been so exhausted that I just sleep whenever she does as well, or alternately, rush around frantically getting chores and housework done. I'm learning to relax if there's dishes in the sink or pureed prune stains on everything. Prune stains aren't on my list of Big Concerns. For more on one of my Big Concerns, take the time to read this article.

1 comment:

Surviving said...

I'll have to try the muffin recipe. They look really good.