Monday, October 22, 2007

Fall Color

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


I took the baby and went out for a while, first to the library to return materials and check out a few cookbooks for more kitchen inspiration. Found a Moosewood I hadn't looked through before, an Indian cuisine cookbook, and a diabetic friendly slow cooker cookbook (I have gestational diabetes, I had it with Anne but not with Jonah). Next stop was to a local nature sanctuary for some fresh air, to walk down to the pond and check out the (finally) changing leaves. There is still a lot of green, and the chipmunks are still having fun as if there is no winter lurking around the corner.

As for knitting, I catch a few rounds and rows here and there but nothing worth showing off yet. I'm developing ideas for baby #3's quilt, though nothing is solidified. Life is busy with the usual cooking, dishes, laundry... the repetitive rhythms are soothing and quieting as I'm not really up for much more than that now. I'm not too tired, my body's busy putting a little one together and that's taking it's own kind of energy and work. I don't feel a lot of morning sickness, but the smell of steaming collard greens is enough to turn anyone's stomach. I thought that I'd steam, puree, and freeze the greens I hadn't used in a soup last week, but PEW! I put a pumpkin pie in the oven to compensate for the bad odor. We're planning on carving pumpkins tonight (a week earlier than I hoped), because it's just not been cold enough to keep our pumpkins from going a bit soft. I'd hate to scrape out slightly rotten pumpkins, and I want the seeds for roasting.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: