Wednesday, October 17, 2007

It's cute, but it doesn't stay on for long

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Everyone seems to be making this little hat (there's a link to it in a recent post), and it is too darn cute. Anne, my 9 month old, is sporting the 2 year size. It won't fit her long so I'm going to try it again with one needle size up and slightly thicker yarn, Jaeger Matchmaker merino DK in #864 Feather. She makes this hat wearing thing look effortless, but it took me about 30 shots of blurry hat tugging and throwing to get these two clear images. She is now eating bananas in reward for her effort.

For those who have commented, yes Anne's eye is fully open and the birthmarks are starting to fade. It will be a while until the swelling goes down, but once the hemangiomas have finished their life cycle we will start the corrective treatment. Until then, she is healthy and happy and we are glad that the blood vessel tumors have not grown into her brain or optical nerves. They are very close, even growing into her skull, but she is one very, very lucky girl. The birthmarks do not hurt or hinder her in any way, though the size and location of them gave us quite a scare for several months. Thank you to those who have been concerned, I try my best to update on what's going on with all this. I do get tired of explaining and consoling strangers each time I go out with her, but I don't mind it as much as the few children who are afraid or disgusted by her appearance (the children will let you know exactly what they think, and if there are any adults with the same feelings they've been gracious enough to hide it). I hardly notice the marks anymore, or maybe I'm just accustomed to them, and I do forget that not everyone knows what they are or can tell if she is or will be ok. She is, and that's really all that matters.

2 comments:

PixieRose said...

that is a gorgeous color hat.

glad she is healthy and happy. That is what is most important.

Jessica

Becki said...

I'm so happy to hear all that good news about Anne. The hat's too cute, too! I can't believe how much she looks like you - something about the way she holds her face.