Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

We're back from our long weekend getaway to Philadelphia, it was good to see my husband's family since the 2 who live in Philly are usually very busy and the other 3 are far off in Montana. Martin and I plan to take the kids out there next summer. Now we're home, the VW has quiet brakes now, and all my post-trip errands have been run except for buying new stamps and a few 1 cent stamps to add to my old ones. The post office was swamped with others doing just the same and there was no parking. I went to the library instead to return a dvd and check out some books on vegetarian cooking. I'm cutting back on meat, but still want to include fish and chicken in our diets (along with eggs and dairy). I need to find some recipes that don't involve 2 hours of prep time and chopping vegetables into tiny pieces. The summer is coming on shortly and I also want to find more no-cook/little-cook/don't-even-think-about-turning-on-the-oven recipes for when it's over 100 degrees.

Oh. The photo. I have done no knitting (outside of maybe 2 rows of a garter stitch dish cloth) since a few posts ago. This is from the other week, where I'm getting frustrated at myself for not thinking how twisted stitches behave. All of the twisted stitches by themselves and to the right side of the garter "ladders" are perfectly fine. It's the twisted stitches on the left side of the garter "ladders" that are wonky. I'm just going to leave it, give it a good blocking when it's done and be happy that hardly anyone will notice, and fewer will care. I love this color and hope I get to sit with it some more soon.

Right now, there's laundry to be folded and the baby will be up from her nap shortly. We have the next few days to do our home thing, then we are back in DC to the ear/nose/throat doctor to evaluate her thyroid. I'm getting better at this, even though I'm thoroughly tired. The kids and I may still get to go back to Michigan this summer if the doctors can agree on holding off any invasive procedures. Most of the time everything seems normal around here, until I'm at yet another doctor or running errands and strangers who see her coo at the sight of a baby then gasp and ask what is wrong with her. I'm getting better at that, too, but it's annoying to be truthful. Just take things one day at a time, I guess. So, all in all, today is pretty good.

1 comment:

JennyDillyAnna said...

While I was looking over your blog the other day, my husband looked over my shoulder and mentioned how beautiful your knitted goods were. :)

Glad to see you all returned home safely and enjoyed your trip.