Friday, June 15, 2007

Take 2

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


This yarn is getting new life as a new sweater. One that *will* fit. The pattern is an old standby, an Ann Norling many-sizes-many-gauges-many-variations on a top-down raglan. It's fast, it's easy. I'm not up for anything challenging now, though I wish I were. While I love my family and my work at home I feel caught up in it and a little worn out. Laundry, dishes, diapers, nursing. Repeat.

We'll get up early tomorrow to hit some yard sales before the good stuff is gone, and hop over to the Purcellville library since the Leesburg library has closed for expansion and the temp site won't open until the fall. Maybe drop by the farmers market as well, if we aren't all cranky by that point. Getting out will do me some good, and maybe I'll find something spectacular at a yard sale.

Tonight I'm slacking in the cooking department, we'll finish off last night's chicken pot pie. It was quite good, I was planning chicken stew but I had buttermilk left over and thought the stew could go nicely in a buttermilk crust. I had some ripe peaches and blackberries, and a cobbler came together nicely as well. Sometimes things just work out nicely like that, other times I don't have a clue what to do.

No comments: