Friday, June 15, 2007

Women in Art



I saw this clip at artist Helle Jorgensen's blog, Gooseflesh, which is an amazing site in itself, but if you stop by there, you must check out The Institute for Figuring and her contributions to the hyperbolic crochet coral reef. After all my going on about plastics and the great garbage patch (more on that later), I am amazed to see the artwork made from and inspired by this mess.

Pardon for those who have seen this entry on my Livejournal, I feel it worth duplicating here since this space is dedicated mainly to my knitting and quilting which I feel are a many faceted medium of practicality, art form, and connection to other women and their creativity and spirit. Not that men don't or can't fit this definition, but for me, I feel a woman's bond within these crafts. I always make room for exceptions, though.

No comments: